Attribute of Speech:
In order to teach us about Himself and His religion, Allah ta’la speaks to us through His Prophets. He is the Speaking Lord. Since Adam (peace be upon Him), Allah has revealed messages to His servants. In His messages, Allah taught us:
- What we must believe;
- How to worship Him the way He deserves to be worshipped;
- What we must do in order to be good people.
Some of the books Allah has revealed to His prophets are as follows:
- Al-Suhuf to Prophets Ibrahim and Musa
- Al-Zaboor to Prophet Daud
- Al-Taurah to Prophet Musa
- Al- Injeel to Prophet Isa
- Al-Qur’an to the Master of the Prophets, Muhammad (peace and blessing be on them)
The Qur’an is the greatest of all miracles. It is the speech of Allah. Through it He speaks to us and guides us.
When the disbelievers said it is a book written by people, Allah challenged them to write a short surah like the ones in the Qur’an. No one could ever do it. This is proof that it was not written by a man; it is the speech of Allah.
Miracles of the Qur’an
- No one can ever write something like it
- Reading it many times does not bore the Muslim
- It has no contradictions
- It tells stories about nations the Prophet knew nothing about
- It made correct predictions, etc.
- The scientific information in it is correct